So I've been busy sorting my sites out lately, and now I'm back into my coding. I've managed to get back into my GPT script idea, aswell as planning a few other projects for after. I've made good friends with OOP programming, which I'm hoping will make my code a bit more efficient
So it's been a while since I created anything wordpress. And for one of my clients, I had to create something wordpress based. It turns out that making a wordpress theme isn't that difficult at all. I plan on creating a tutorial in the near future.
So after my last post, my bandwidth has become more stable, sure I've lost 10% of my visitors to my website, but it turns out these were auto submitted, and not real users. There's barely a difference in my ad impressions, so my hunch was correct. I've reduced excess bandwidth leakage from over 1gb a day, down to just under 300mb a day, which is a significant difference
So for the first time ever, I recieved an email from my hosting provider to tell me that I have almost exceeded my bandwidth allocation. Normally this would be a proud moment to any webmaster, but I know my traffic, and it didn't seem to add up.
The main culprit was my directory. Now I run a PHPLD directory, and it is ranked quite well in places, but I know the stats didn't add up. It turns out after a quick view of my AWStats and reading my PHPMyAdmin logs, that I was getting spammed by autosubmission. Luckily, I'm near the end of the monthly cycle for my bandwidth anyway, but after a good sift, and changes to my .htaccess file, I'm hoping I have sorted my problem. I'm going to keep checking on a daily basis, and I will be uploading the IP addresses for anyone else who has a similar problem, and wants to use their .htaccess to block similar attempts on their directories.
So within the last month, I obtained an unmanaged VPS in order to get used to needing more rhobust hosting. After almost a month of putting it off, I finally got around to learning to set it up properly. This means, that on release, I am able to offer hosting to initial users of my rewards script.
On the subject of the rewards script. It is nearing a very stable beta phase (that will be tested on installs on my VPS until the code is ready). Additional API's for survey providers etc, will be created upon request, and made available as plugins for future releases of the script.
So as work continues on the KGPT script, I have began to add more features to version 1.0.
Firstly, I have added the ability to add Google Analytics to the site, via the site options. Work has commenced on the downloadable prizes, and I am opening up the option of other earn methods, rather than just limiting it to CPALead. CPALead will still remain one of the core methods to earn points, but I am looking for additional API's I can connect the script with, aswell as the ability to provide custom offers too
So recently I was contacted on Twitter, about the KGPT script, and it has rekindled the motivation in it. It was originally abandoned, but the bits that I have lost, I am able to fix. Expect to hear more soon
Since there hasn't been an update on this page for quite some time, I figure it is best to keep you updated with my progress into the Android development. I am about halfway through my first game, which is an RPG. Although it is a lot to learn in a short space of time, I have managed to learn much more than I gained from the book I started from.
When more progress has been made into the game, I will release further announcements on here, aswell as the website that I am currently working on to support the project.
Expect some code snippets regarding database, and utilising admob and other features into the game using surfaceview
So I've been really busy as of late, working on my RPG for android devices in all of my spare time. When this takes more shape, I should be able to free up some time in order to post some code snippets and tutorials on here to help other people with developing for the android platform.
So the first major piece of information is that I am upgrading to VPS hosting, though currently undecided upon which to choose. I have a few in mind, it is just a matter of deciding the best option for my network of sites and future plans.
Secondly, I have my first pieces of code that I have worked on that I am ready to prepare to publish in order to help developers using similar tools and code practices